You know the one condiment that seems to go with everything? Some say its ranch, some say ketchup, I say homemade bean and corn salsa.
It’s simple, refreshing, full of flavor and can complete most meals. My family uses it on loaded baked potatoes, in our breakfast burritos, nachos and nacho salads, scrambled tofu, over rice, or just with tortilla chips for a light snack. Just whip out your favorite knife (carefully 😉 ) and prepare to do some dicing!
I don’t have much to say about it except that I love it and make it almost weekly. So without further ado, the recipe is below!
Corn and Bean Salsa
This is a great addition to any meal. I tend to cut everything the size of the corn. It's especially helpful if using it as a dip for chips.
- 1 cup, frozen, sweet corn, defrosted
- 4, roma tomatoes, diced small
- ¼ cup, red onion, diced small
- 1 can, black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2TBS, olive oil
- 2 sprigs, fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Step 1 Combine all ingredients and serve.
- Step 2 Leftovers can be refrigerated for 3 days.