Tofu is one of those foods I thought I would never eat. So, the thought of me actually liking scrambled tofu cracks me up!
I used to be one of those people that didn’t try foods if it didn’t look or sound right. Then I realized at some of the amazing things I was missing out on in this life. Food is one of those wonderful creations that allows us to experience other cultures, which I LOVE!
Here’s a little education on tofu:
Also called bean curd
Made from the soybean
Common in some Asian cultures
High in the GMO (genetically modified) category -to avoid, find organic or non-gmo
High in protein
Comes in soft, firm, and extra firm
For scrambled tofu, we are going to use extra firm (firm will work, too). This recipe is super simple and fast. Breaking up the tofu, adding a couple of seasoning and there you go! You can use it for breakfast (like in this breakfast burrito) or in rice dishes. The awesome thing about tofu is that it absorbs any flavoring you put with it. Get creative!
- 1 pack, extra firm/firm tofu
- 1 TBS, vegan butter
- 1/4 tsp, turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp, onion powder
- 1 tsp, powdered garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Step 1 Drain and pat dry the tofu.
- Step 2 Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the butter.
- Step 3 Carefully place the tofu in the pan and break up with a spatula until it looks like scrambled eggs.
- Step 4 Add the seasonings.
- Step 5 Continue to cook until it starts to brown slightly.
- Step 6 Serve.